Saturday 25 November 2017

Light It Up!

Not really a post about my SCAMP but I feel the need to share.

My workshop is actually a two car garage attached to my house.  It has no windows and an overhead double door.  Light is provided by two basic sockets on the inside half of the work space.  This arrangement provides adequate light for directly below but inadequate light for the outer half and this problem is compounded by my opaque canoe hoisted into the ceiling.  This dimness has always bugged me and for this project was considering installing two more ceiling fixtures.

My clever neighbour mentioned that the local big box warehouse store was selling an LED fixture (looks like an old fashioned fluorescent tube fixture) that is suspended on chains from the ceiling with a short power core (will reach the OH door motor outlet on the ceiling) and a pull chain switch.

I picked one up for $45 and am very pleased with this simple (fixture) fix for a nagging problem.

Bonus - whenever I move house, the light come with me.

Pre
Post

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the start of your Scamp build, Randy! Looking forward to having another sister-ship to sail with in our area!!

    All the best,
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dale!
    I am just is awe of the quality and precision of this kit. So much has changed in small boat building - CNC cut kits, forums and blogs for guidance and support, on-line shopping for supplies... I still have some hand written letters from Phil Bolger and copies of mailed out 'Chebacco News' form my last build.
    Starting my retirement on Jan 6th so hoping to be able to throw myself into this project big time!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

  Desolation Sound Cruise Day One August 13th towed Fib from Gibsons to Okeover Inlet via Earls Cove ferry.   Met up with Jean Francois and ...