Friday 12 June 2020

Radio Operator

I have had a icon VHF Marine Radio for years and to be honest, aside from some longer trips with others, rarely turn it on.  However I did not go through the process of getting my official operators certificate which is the law.  Until now...

I signed up for the one day certification class that includes the exam.  It was put on by our local Power Squadron group and scheduled for May 9th.  This ended up being scuttled due to the pandemic but rescheduled as an on-line class via Zoom.  The sixty question exam was also administered over Zoom a few days later. 
Passed - now I am a legit!


My license includes the DSC (digital selective calling) feature that is now available in radios.  This is very cool but my radio predates this and for now I will be satisfied with the basic VHF and mobile phone for communication needs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

  Desolation Sound Cruise Day One August 13th towed Fib from Gibsons to Okeover Inlet via Earls Cove ferry.   Met up with Jean Francois and ...