Wednesday 10 July 2024

Otter Proofing

I am lucky to have a generous friend who owns a large sailboat and has a private dock within Gibsons Harbour.  He only uses the one side of his dock and said that I was welcome to use the other side which happens to dry out at super low tides.  

Great - it a Scamp.  No problem.

The harbour hosts a population of river otters who like to jump aboard docked boats and poop.  According to another friend a simple deterrent can be enough to put them off.  I now stretch some light plastic fencing across the cockpit when leaving Fib.  

So far, so good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Oar Stowage

 I have a pair of two piece, fibreglass, Sawyer oar for auxiliary propulsion (along with a telescopic paddle, 2.3 hp Honda motor, sail).  I ...